Thursday, July 1, 2010

The purpose of my Sparql Playground

I'd like to share my exploration of the Sparql query language with fellow seekers trying to treat the entire internet as one giant database.

I am very impressed by the giant brains who have developed the concepts and software that make it possible to query dbpedia for example to find out about countries or artists or the Bart Simpson television series, but often the presentation of the material is so complex, it makes my brain ache.

Sometimes someone explains a concept with such simple elegance, I grasp it easily and gratefully. This blog is my attempt to share my own small discoveries about the Sparql query language. Perhaps what makes sense to me will make your discoveries come quicker to you.

In this blog, I will include links back to the technical specification I am discussing. You might want to read the whole blog first to get a general idea of what I'm talking about, and then revisit the links and dig in as deeply as you'd care to. Feel free to back out of a link if it's too technical or doesn't make sense to you. Relax. This will be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment